I have super exciting stuff for you here today! I have the most perfect recipe to share with you. It is fast, it is simple, it is very satisfying, and best of all, it is delicious! Today I introduce you to Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing.
This recipe was inspired by Alton Brown’s recipe on Food Network, and then altered to fit the tastes and allergies of our own family. We love it because it is super simple, yet somehow seems so decadent and fancy!
We look for bacon that is free of nitrites, nitrates, and MSG. Applegate is a great brand. We also have had success finding it at Costco.
- 8 pieces bacon, chopped
- 4-6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh spinach, washed and prepped
- Fry bacon and move to a plate covered with a paper towel to drain. Leave about 3 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
- Add mushrooms and onions to the pan, cook until soft.
- Stir in vinegar, syrup, and mustard, whisk together to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add bacon back to pan and remove from heat.
- Top spinach with dressing and serve.
What is your favorite way to use bacon?